DETAILED SCOPE & SEQUENCE
- What is the Bible?
- The Old Testament and the New Testament
- Picking the books of the Bible (The Canon)
- Authors of the books of the Bible
- God’s Big Promises in the Bible
- Sin, Salvation & Redemption
What’s in the Bible? walks your kids through the narrative of the Bible — the Bible’s big story. Day 1 of the Parent Teaching will help you identify the Christian narrative in order to help your kids make sense of life in a sometimes horrible, sometimes wonderful world.
- The stories of the Old Testament are unlocked for kids - and they learn how the stories of Adam and Eve, Abraham and the Israelites set the stage for the coming of Jesus - the Messiah! Bible Stories Include:
- Adam & Eve
- Abraham, Sarah & Isaac
- The Israelites
This session walks through one of the single most important concepts to understand when reading the Bible—the concept of genre. Learn about different genres of writing in the Bible and how they can help us understand what the Bible is teaching us.
- Jesus Tempted in the Wilderness
- Jesus Teaching & Healing
- The Last Supper
- Jesus’ Death & Resurrection
This session walks through some tough concepts we need to figure out how to explain to our kids – sin and judgment. Having better tools for conversations about sin with your kids will help them understand why Jesus had to die, and what it means to follow him.
- Paul’s Letters
- Justification, Grace & Faith
- Fruit of the Spirit
- The Body of Christ
- Spiritual Disciplines
This session turns our attention to the world. As Christians, how do we approach the world? What are we supposed to say? What are we supposed to DO? Or to summarize it in one question – What is the Gospel message and how do we live it?